Stream of Life

Stream of Life
Eternally flowing...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet Up

Met some pozzies early last week over coffee.

It was my first time to meet with pozzies in a public setting. I was actually ambushed into it but it turned out fun.

We were at the coffee place for well over three hours but it didn't feel that long. As I said it was fun - just sharing stories, seeing these people cracking jokes and exchanging wise-cracks at the expense of one another. Hearing about stories of other pozzies from their treatment hub.

I don't really socialize with other pozzies from my hub. Not that I do not want to. It's just that I feel like they have a different world from mine. Also, when I go to my treatment hub to get my refill of meds, I usually stay in one corner, observing the other pozzies and waiting for my turn. If I see someone I know, I'd give a nod and a smile and that's it.

But these guys from the other treatment hub were so much fun to be with. Maybe because it was ok to slip once in a while about your status without fear of discrimation or not being understood. As I said, it was my first time to socialize with fellow pozzies, so I had reservations. But after a while, I felt at home in their company. I felt normal!

I am glad that I came that evening. Sometimes, it pays to tread the path less taken, to see things with new a set of eyes. I am hoping to see them again one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment